Dr. Tara Galloway sent us a glimpse of the amazing things our students are having the opportunity to do in Haiti to share God’s love. They helped move blocks and mix concrete yesterday for a house being built. Mixing concrete on the GROUND with shovels by sifting rocks and mixing lime was quite an eye-opening experience for all involved! Working alongside the Haitian people and connecting with them teaches all of us so much about the things in life that are really important…love, hope, family, and faith. As one of the students said last night during team time, “I can’t imagine a better way to start off the new year to help me put what life is really all about into perspective!” Dr. Tara Galloway commented, saying: “I love that and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to share these life-changing moments with this amazing team from Belmont Abbey!”

The team is looking forward to a week full of many God moments here in Haiti! There are no words to describe the Haiti experience other than the way the interns here say it…..Haiti does what Haiti does! It grabs your heart and won’t let go. We are so blessed! Bondye Bon (God is good)

All of us from the Abbey, in Haiti!