- international relations through the study of language and social sciences
- applying your knowledge to the international community to develop an understanding of international relations
You’ll enjoy the Abbey’s International Studies Minor if you
- have a strong interest in languages
- enjoy international travel and learning about new cultures
- provide you with a better understanding of foreign languages and culture—knowledge helpful to professionals in any career
Today’s world is astonishingly interconnected, with many opportunities to travel to other nations or conduct business across international borders.
With an International Studies Minor from Belmont Abbey College, you will be able to pursue a variety of career opportunities, including:
- International business
- Non-profit, non-governmental Organizations
- Graduate school
- Government work
The Abbey Difference:
Guided by the tenets of Catholicism and the Benedictine hallmarks, Belmont Abbey College strives to provide its students with a well-rounded education that promotes wise and ethical decisions. The International Studies minor equips students with the necessary language skills and social tools to enter into dialogue with and learn from the many diverse cultures of our world today. Designed to encourage students to lead lives of integrity in keeping with the College’s Catholic, Benedictine values and the Liberal Arts tradition, this minor will help students promote worldwide understanding and serve others, both nationally and internationally.