If you can DRIVE HERE you can THRIVE HERE.
You live within driving distance of one of the most respected and beautiful colleges in the Southeast. Founded in 1876, Belmont Abbey College combines its rich history and tradition with a modern, dynamic educational experience. And now it’s easier than ever to be part of it.
Introducing the Benedictine Commuter Grant
It begins with a $2,000 tuition grant.
Belmont Abbey College is looking for students in the area who want a classic education in an intimate, supportive environment. Whether you’re interested in liberal arts, education, motorsport management, pre-med or pre-law, you’ll learn in a close-knit college community. This $2,000 grant is the first step.
As it turns out, there is such a thing as a free lunch.
Commuter students at many colleges find it difficult to become fully immersed into campus life. They drive to school, go to class, and then go home, never enjoying the many extracurricular activities. But at Belmont Abbey, we’re taking steps to change that. Not only will each Benedictine Commuter Grant student receive a $2,000 tuition discount, they’ll also get free lunch every weekday (an additional $1,200 value). By providing lunch, we’re encouraging commuter students to spend more of their day on campus, interacting with residential students in the dining hall and at social events throughout the year. The scholarship is an expression of the Benedictine core value of hospitality. For nearly 1,500 years, the Benedictine Order has emphasized the welcoming of strangers, believing that the interaction of diverse peoples can enrich and inform the lives of all. Belmont Abbey College embraces this philosophy and hopes you will consider becoming a part of our college community.
Student athletes and premier scholarship recipients are not eligible for the Benedictine Community Grant.
Belmont Abbey College provides an education built upon a foundation in critical thinking, Western philosophy and cultural exploration. This prepares our graduates for the many challenges and opportunities that their future career options will present to them. We offer a wide range of academic Majors, Minors and Concentrations to enable students to pursue their passions. And our Pre-Professional Programs include Pre-Med, Pre-Dent, Pre-Nursing, Pre-Physical Therapy, Pre-Vet and Pre-Law. Majors
- Catholic Educational Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Educational Studies
- Elementary Education
- Government & Political Philosophy
- Motorsport Management
- Sport Management
Strolling Abbey Lane: A look at life on campus
Yet Belmont Abbey College is more than an excellent educational institution.
We’re also a community of faith, where people share common values while celebrating a diversity of ideas and perspectives. Even as a commuter, you will feel at home here. The atmosphere of friendship and fellowship provides vital support toward achieving collegiate success. We’re confident that the years you spend at Belmont Abbey will be cherished your entire life. What you may not know about Belmont Abbey College:
- We were named a Top 10 Best Regional College of the South by S. News & World Report.
- You don’t have to be Catholic. As a Benedictine institution, we welcome students of all faiths. In fact, only half of our students are Catholic.
- Our 12:1 Student/Teacher ratio allows all students to get personal attention.
- 71% of full-time faculty hold doctorates and/or terminal degrees.
- We were named a Best Southeastern College by The Princeton Review.
- We offer a true collegiate experience with NCAA Division II athletics, over 40 student organizations, a wide range of campus events throughout the year and a true spirit of community.
Qualifying for the Grant STUDENT MUST BE:
- Full-time degree seeking, traditional age student (17-22 years of age)
- Commuter Status
- Admitted to the College per the application process (you can apply by clicking below)
- Non Student-Athlete
- Non- recipient of an Honors, St. Thomas More, Hintemeyer, or Oetgen Scholarship Award
- Committed to contributing to the College Community and being actively involved
The Benedictine Community Grant may NOT provide dollars beyond the cost of attendance and/or need met for the student. For more information about the Benedictine Community Grant, please contact Admissions.