Health Services is located in the lower level of the Haid Theatre. This on-campus health facility provides ambulatory health care. The medical staff includes a family nurse practitioner , registered nurses and a consulting physician. Fees are not charged for office visits and some laboratory tests. When necessary students can be referred to area specialists. Students are responsible for medical bills for services received off campus.
- First aid (bites and stings, cuts, abrasions, etc.)
- Cardiac and Nervous System (dizziness, headaches, anxiety)
- Skin Disorders (rashes, dermatitis, acne)
- Disorders of Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat (ear infections, sore throat, pink eye, colds)
- Disorders of Respiratory System (asthma, bronchitis)
- Genitourinary System Disorders (urinary tract infections, Men and Women’s health )
- Musculoskeletal (sprains, strains, back pain)
- General Health Counseling (weight control, special diets, exercise, eating disorders, stress)
- Immunization (meningitis, flu, tetanus)
Students are responsible for the bills that are generated off campus and need to arrange their own transportation.
In addition, Health Services does not provide excuses for missed classes. Class attendance is a matter between the student and the professor.
Your treatment in the Student Health Center is — confidential!
Health Services Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm and by appointment
After Hours Care: Emergencies: 911 Campus safety: 704 461 6200
When Health Services is closed, emergency medical needs can be met through the Emergency Department of Gaston Memorial Hospital and area urgent care centers. Residential students should notify Campus safety 704 461 6200 for assistance.
Important Telephone Numbers
- Emergency/Ambulance/Fire: 911
- Student Health Center : 704.461.6877
- Campus Safety: 704.461.6200
- Counseling Center : 704.461-5081
- Poison Control: 1.800.848.6946
- Sexual Assault Assistance: 704.864.0060
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse: 704.867.4357