Legati Abbey Advocate Program
What Does the Name of the Program (Legati) Mean?
Legati is a Latin word and is plural for the word Legatus which is defined as envoy, deputy, or lieutenant. For our purposes, it simply means leader, representative, or messenger.
Students will work with the Admissions Team and Alumni Relations Office under the leadership of the Dean of Admissions and Director of Alumni and Community Affairs to assist with recruitment and hospitality-related initiatives. Quite often, prospective students and visitors prefer to hear from current students and it will be true testimony to our level of student satisfaction to have new students serve in this capacity. Students will have the opportunity to grow and develop as leaders through experiences, leadership talks, and training. What is the Legati Program? Legati is a $1000 scholarship renewable for up to 4 years. The program focuses on leadership development through close mentor-ship with Admissions Professionals and Ambassadors. Create deeply-rooted relationships with peer leaders, executive leaders, and college leaders through book and discussion groups, social events, and other VIP events.
Tasks and Details of the Program:
- Attend and serve at a minimum of 5 on-campus Admissions Events and Alumni and Community Affairs Events each academic year
- Work 1-2 hours per week in Admissions or Alumni Office
- Serve on Student Panels
- Serve as overnight hosts to prospective students (if a resident on campus) or a social host if a commuter student
- Lead positive Social Media initiatives in an organic way (work with Admissions and Marketing to use social media outlets to post positive things about BAC’s student experience)
- Assist with Crusader Preview Day and Crusader Prep Day planning
- Sit on student focus groups upon request
- Complete Holiday Ambassador duties (students visit their high school over the winter break and have a scheduled meeting with a Guidance Counselor or school Administrator)
- Assist with Admissions Office special projects (large mailings, call campaigns, BAC spirit cards, etc.)
- Attend monthly group meetings lead by Dean of Admissions, Director of Alumni and Community Affairs and Abbey Ambassador Senior Interviewers (they will serve as mentors to our first-year students in this group)
All students are eligible for the Legati Program, however, qualified students will be selected each year. If you would like to be considered for the Legati Program, please contact your Admissions Counselor.
Important Contact Info:
Nicole C. Focareto Dean of Admissions 704.461.6214 office 704.214.8231 cell