From study abroad student Lindsey Osmera as she concludes her semester:

Ciao from Milan, Italy!

The Abbey has truly blessed its students with the opportunity to study abroad! I have been enjoying the last couple of months taking classes with students from all over the world and traveling throughout Italy and the whole of Europe. The extensive offering of business and entrepreneurial-based classes have further cultivated my knowledge from a unique perspective. As a particularly important passion for me, I am participating in a culinary class, which includes both lecture and hands-on experience, each allowing me to truly integrate myself into Italian culture in an exciting way. Living overseas, immersed in a completely new environment is an encounter that I could not have had elsewhere. In addition, taking advantage of the ability to travel to multiple countries, participate in their cultural events, and live amongst the people has especially forced me out of my comfort zone to discover different communities and grow in diversity. Thank you to the professors, staff, and mentors who have made this trip possible for me and my fellow students!

These are photos of Università Cattolica! The last photo is what I call the “Stowe” of this campus:

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Views of my neighborhood:

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

One of the canals in the “Navigli” district which is a really beautiful area with lots of shops and restaurants on the water.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

Me on my first day of classes in front of the Duomo:

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

One of the canals in the “Navigli” district which is a really beautiful area with lots of shops and restaurants on the water: