Belmont Abbey College has a large military presence on its campus, as well as in the community. There are several avenues a student may take to expand their minds and understanding of the United States military.
Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC)
In partnership with the University of North Carolina, Charlotte (UNCC), we offer the Army and Air Force ROTC classes.
- The Army sequence may be taken towards a Military Studies minor. Please check the Belmont Abbey College course catalog to confirm this. The Army ROTC classes are taught one day a week at the UNC-Charlotte campus. The Army ROTC leadership labs are taught once a month on a Saturday. Please note that a consortium form must be completed and turned in to the Belmont Abbey College Registrar to register for these classes and leadership labs. The forms are available by contacting the UNC-Charlotte Army ROTC Enrollment Officer at 704-687-8633.
- The Air Force sequence will earn a student a minor in Aerospace Studies. The classes are taught one day per week at the UNCC campus. Both the classes and labs are taught on the same day. Please note that a consortium form must be completed before registering for these classes. The form is available in the Registrar’s office
Belmont Abbey College offers a variety of services and support for Veterans of the Armed Services.
- Please contact the Financial Aid office to process any awards through the G.I. Bill Program. The office is located in Stowe Hall and the number is 704-461-6718. You may also email Anne Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions.
- Advising, registration, and transcript evaluations are available through our Center for Continuing & Professional Studies. That office may be reached by calling 704-461-7500.
- Resources and support are available in the Office of Academic Assistance.
- Please visit this site to find out more about how a Marine veteran may earn a commission at Belmont Abbey College.
Green to Gold Program
This program allows currently-serving G.I’s to continue serving their chosen branch of the military while earning a degree from Belmont Abbey College.
- This program is open to all branches; including the Guard and Reserves
- Incoming freshmen may join a local unit prior to enrolling and qualify for this program.
Contact Information and Staff
Army ROTC Point of Contact
Mr. Rick Nash
Air Force: https://afrotc.uncc.edu/