The following information is necessary for International Student application.

  1. Original High School Diploma, Certificate, or Transcript
    You MUST submit your original high school diploma, certificate or transcript for the last four years of high school to the service listed to be evaluated. Our minimum requirement is a 2.25 GPA. All international transcripts are required to be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
  • If you are a university student or have attended a university, you must submit transcripts from ALL universities.  An official English translation may be required.
  • If you are transferring from a College or University in the United States you must also complete this TransferRecommendationForm.


  1. Test Scores
    Please take either the SAT or the ACT test. If English is not your native language, please also take the TOEFL.
  • Our minimum requirement is SAT 850 math/verbal and/or equivalent ACT score
  • Our minimum requirement for TOEFL is one of the three:

550 PBT (paper-based test)      213 CBT (computer-based test)            79 IBT (internet-based test)


  1. Evidence of Financial Resources:

***We cannot process your application for your I-20 without all of this documentation

  1. Once the Office of Admissions receives the documents listed above with all of the required information:
    • You will be issued an acceptance letter
    • You must Submit $2500 as your enrollment deposit
    • The Office of International Student Services will issue your SEVIS I-20

                        ***After the American Embassy approves your student visa and you enter The United States, you must Report to Belmont Abbey College by the date indicated on your SEVIS I-20.  

Note:  If you are in the United States with a B-1/B-2 visa, you must apply for a change of status (form I-539). Until the change of status is approved, you will not be able to register for classes.  You must apply 90 days prior to the beginning of the term to assure you will have ample time to receive the approval.   In most cases, you must go back to your country of citizenship and apply for a student visa (F-1) at the American embassy and enter the United States with your F-1 visa.