Dr. Stephen Bauer
Assistant Professor of Biology
- Bauer SM. Atopic Eczema: Genetic Implications and Potential Links to Developmental Exposures. Int. J. Tox., 2016. (manuscript under review)
- Bauer SM, S Killedar, J Stewart, MA Morgan, SN Georas, A Pietropaoli, MA Williams. Immune Restoration of Septic Shock Monocytes by Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony-Stimulating Factor. JBR J of Clin Diag and Res, 2016 (manuscript under review)
- Bauer SM, A Roy, J Emo, TJ Chapman, SN Georas, BP Lawrence. The Effects of Maternal Bisphenol A on Allergic Lung Inflammation Into Adulthood. Tox Sci, 2012. 130(1):82-93.
- Roy A, SM Bauer, BP Lawrence. Developmental Exposure to Bisphenol A Modulates Innate but Not Adaptive Immune Responses to Influenza A Virus Infection. PLoS One, 2012. 7(6):e38448.
- Bezemer GFG, SM Bauer, G Oberdorster, PN Breysse, RHH Pieters, SN Georas, MA Williams. Activation of Pulmonary Dendritic Cells and Th2-type Inflammatory Responses on Instillation of Engineered, Environmental Diesel Source or Ambient Air Pollutant Particles In Vivo. J Innate Immun, 2011. 3(2):150-166.
- Rangasamy T, MA Williams, SM Bauer, MA Trush, J Emo, SN Georas, S Biswal. Nrf2 Inhibits the Maturation of Murine Dendritic Cells by Ragweed Extract. Am J Resp Cell and Molecular Biol, 2010. 43(3):276-285.
- Williams MA, SM Bauer, W Lu, J Guo, S Walter, T Bushnell, E Lillehoj, SN Georas. Deletion of the Mucin-like Molecule Muc1 Enhances Dendritic Cell Activation in Response to Toll-Like Receptor Ligands. J Innate Immun, 2010. 2(2):123-143.
- Bauer SM, MA Williams, AP Howell, E Schwarz, ES Smith, M Zauderer. Maximizing Immune Responses: The Effects of Covalent Peptide Linkage to Beta 2-Microglobulin. Oncol Res, 2008. (17)5:205-216.
- Williams MA, T Rangasamy, SM Bauer, et al. Disruption of the Transcription Factor Nrf2 Promotes Pro-Oxidative Dendritic Cells That Stimulate Th2-Like Immunoresponsiveness on Activation by Ambient Particulate Matter. J Immunol, 2008. 181(7):4545-4559.
- Porter M, M Karp, S Killedar, SM Bauer, J Guo, D Williams, P Breysse, SN Georas, MA Williams. Diesel-Enriched Particulate Matter Functionally Activates Human Dendritic Cells. Am J Resp Cell and Molecular Biol, 2007. 37(6):706-719.
• Co-authored Abstract: Williams MA, SM Bauer, SN Georas, “Dysregulated Immune Response of Dendritic Cells Derived from Allergic Asthmatic Subjects on Activation by Ambient Particulate Matter In Vitro.” – American Association for Aerosol Research (AAAR), San Diego, CA. (2010)
• Co-authored Abstract: Williams MA, SM Bauer, SN Georas, “Determining the Effects of Ambient Particulate Matter (Air Pollution) on Toll-like Receptor Signaling and Function in Human Dendritic Cells.”- HEI Annual Conference, Portland, OR. (2009)
• Invited Oral Presentation: Killedar S, SM Bauer, SN Georas, MA Williams, “Activation of Dendritic Cells by Ambient or Diesel-Particulate Matter Reveals Differential Toll-Like Receptor and p38 or ERKI/II MAPK Signaling.” – American Thoracic Society International Conference, San Diego, CA. (2009)
• Poster Presentation: Bauer SM, J Stewart, MA Morgan, C Mack, SN Georas, A Pietropaoli, MA Williams, “Monocyte Immunoparalysis in Septic Shock – Restoration of Toll-Like Receptor Signaling by Granulocyte-Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor.” – American Thoracic Society International Conference, Toronto, ON. (2008)
• Experience with immunology, immune restoration, signaling pathways, inflammatory disease, and therapeutic/vaccine technology with 12+ years laboratory experience within both cutting-edge corporate and academic settings.
• Laboratory skills and experience including the design, production, and testing of novel protein-based cancer therapeutics, clinical immunology studies (asthma & sepsis), in vivo tumor modeling (mice), developmental toxicology studies (mice), asthma modeling (mice), in vitro cell and tissue culture (human & animal), tumor-specific T cell culture and generation, multi-color flow cytometry, protein purification and analysis, cell purification, molecular cloning, genotyping and transgenic mouse breeding.