Stay close, go far!
Being a commuter to Belmont Abbey College has its advantages, starting with a $1,000 stackable tuition grant. As a college commuter student, it’s hard to feel involved in campus life. You need to drive to school, go to class, and then come home, so you don’t get to enjoy many of the campus activities and events. But at the Abbey, we’re changing that. Here’s how we provide for our commuter students to get the Abbey experience:
Commuter students may qualify for our stackable Commuter Grant of up to $1,000. This grant is available for local students to receive a five-star education in an intimate, supportive environment.
Free lunch every day
As part of the Commuter Grant, lunch is on us every day (a $1,200 value). This allows you to spend more of your day on campus, interact with residential students, and get involved in activities.
Do you qualify for a Commuter Grant?
Student must be:
- Full-time student age 17-22
- Minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Commuter status
- Admitted to Belmont Abbey College per the application process
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Non-student athlete
- Non-recipient of an Honors, St. Thomas More, or Hintenmeyer Scholarship Award
- Committed to contributing to the College community and being actively involved
The Commuter Grant may NOT provide dollars beyond the cost of attendance and/or need met for the student. For more information about the Commuter Grant, please contact Admissions.