Click here to see all the photos from Graduation 2019!
Commencement at the Abbey
Commencement 2020 will be held Saturday, May 16th at 11 a.m. on the lawn in front of the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians.
In the case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held in the Wheeler Center Auxiliary Gymnasium and students will be limited to two guests
Baccalaureate Mass will be held Saturday, May 16th at 9 a.m. on the lawn in front of the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians.
Cocktail Reception will be held on Friday, May 15th.
The Graduation Fair is TBD.
Items for Sale:
Cap and gown
Senior pictures will be taken at this time to be purchased
If a student would like to participate in the ring ceremony, ring orders must be placed by March 4th at the Graduation Fair.
The Ring Ceremony will take place on TBD in the Basilica.
More information can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Graduation Application
- Graduation Requirements
Speaker and Honorary Doctorate Recipient- coming soon
- Campus Parking Map
Commencement rehearsal is required in order to participate in graduation. Graduates must attend without exception. If you miss rehearsal, you will not be able to participate in the commencement exercises. Please plan now to take any time off work necessary and/or arrange for child and elder care during that time. Children and other guests may not attend rehearsal.
Complete Student Schedule
*All students are required to attend Rehearsal*
Friday, May 15th, 9:00 a.m.
gather on Abbey Lane
- Line up on Abbey Lane and process to graduate seating
- Ceremony Walk-through
Note: Rehearsal will last approximately two hours. Students must stay until the end of rehearsal to receive important information for the next day’s events.
Saturday, May 16th, 9:00 a.m. (line up 8:30 a.m.)
- Line up on Abbey Lane in the same lines as rehearsal
- Caps and Gowns are required for the Baccalaureate Mass
- Do not wear hoods
- In the case of inclement weather line up in Wheeler Center
Saturday, May 16th, 11 a.m. (line up at 10:30 a.m.)
- Line up on Abbey Lane in the same lines as the rehearsal to receive your name card. IMPORTANT: You must take your name card with you to the stage.
- In the case of inclement weather line up in Wheeler Center
Saturday, May 16th, immediately following ceremony
Pick up diploma
- Students who have met all degree requirements may pick up their actual diploma in Stowe, room 102 The office will remain open until 2:00 p.m. for diploma pick up.
Cap and Gown
Caps and gowns are exclusive to the bookstore. Stop by the College Bookstore on or before April 1 to be fitted for your regalia (gown, hood, cap, and tassel). The color of your hood is based on your degree. Cost is is $97.92 plus tax. Honors cords are available for student’s who have qualified through the Delta Epsilon Sigma Honor Society may purchase cords for $16.98. All students obtaining Latin honors will be given an honor cord furnished by the college. Please call 704-461-6819 or email email@example.com for more information.
The Office of Career Services asks all graduating seniors to complete a Senior Survey. Various offices within the University use the information from the surveys to improve student life, career center services, and the overall college experience. Further information coming soon.
- Dress for the ceremony: All graduates must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. Tassels should be attached to the center of the mortar board (academic hat) and worn hanging on the right side until you are instructed to move the tassel to the left, signifying conferral of the degree. Graduation is a formal academic occasion and should be viewed as such in dress and demeanor. Thus, the academic apparel should not be altered in any way or decorated. Candidates will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony if their academic apparel is altered.
Appropriate dress is expected for graduation day. This means that flip-flops, tank tops and jeans are not appropriate. It is recommended that women wear a dress or skirt and blouse, and that men wear dress slacks and a dress shirt. Comfortable, dark colored shoes should be worn as there will a lot of walking that may even include walking across wet grass. In addition, it is requested that students do not chew gum during the ceremony.
- Graduation Decorum: Graduation ceremonies are, by their very nature, festive occasions. However, the ceremonies are also marked by seriousness where the actual conferring of degrees signifies long hard work on the part of everyone involved. To that end, students are expected to maintain a measure of decorum consonant with the occasion. In addition, students are expected to return to their seats following the receipt of their tube and to remain seated for the rest of the ceremony. No balloons, banners, or noisemakers are permitted.
Guests: For the outdoor ceremony we ask that you limit the number of your guests to seven (7) as the space is quite limited. At rehearsal on Friday each candidate will be given two (2) tickets which will be required for the ceremony should the event be moved indoors. If you or your guests require special accommodations please contact the Registrar’s Office at 704-461-6733.
Parking: There will be limited parking on campus for guests. However, if you are staying at a local hotel we encourage you to utilize the shuttle from the hotel as we are a small campus. If you must drive to campus please carpool.
Bookstore Information: The bookstore will be open on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for assistance with regalia and other items.
Local Accommodations: Parents and visitors can find lodging information on this page.
Local Attractions: Information about visiting the campus and other attractions in the Belmont and Charlotte area.
Your official Belmont Abbey College Ring will be presented to you during the traditional Ring Ceremony on May 11th at 1 PM in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians. BAC will send each of you a formal invitation to the ceremony with all of the details. Friends and family are welcome to attend.
Graduation Announcement orders
Graduation announcement cards are available for order from Herff Jones. Place orders online.
Diploma Frame orders
Belmont Abbey College Diploma Frames range from $170-$180. They can be ordered ahead of time and picked up in the Campus Bookstore on the lower level of St Leo Hall on Graduation day. Click the photos below to visit the Campus Bookstore website. They can also be ordered and personalized online via Hreff Jones.