Sr. Jane Russell
Associate Professor of Theology and Coordinator of Justice and Peace Studies Minor
- Ecclesiology; Fundamental Theology;
- Women & Men in Ministry; The Future of Ministry
Undergraduate & Deaconate* Formation
- Introduction to Scripture: Old Testament; Intro. to Scripture: New Testament
- Paul and His Letters
- Christian Thought I (Early to Medieval); II (Reformation to Modern)
- Introduction to Theology; Theology of Human Existence; Foundations of Catholic Faith;
- Theology of the Church [& Sacraments]; Ecumenism
- Ministry: Theology and Practice
- Current Issues in the Church
- Theology and Science;
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Theology of the Holy Spirit
- Women in the Christian Tradition
- Christ & Freedom: Perspectives on Theology of Liberation
- Honors Seminar (Coord.): The Problem of God
- The Catholic Tradition; Historical Theology II: Reformation/Modern
- Adult Education (Non-Credit)
- Church History. Jesus in the Gospels. “Have You Been Saved?”
- Technology & Christian Hope.
- Tending God’s Garden: Spirituality & Practice for an Ecozoic Age.
- Reflections on She Who Is.
- Review of Kathleen Cahalan, Introducing the Practice of Ministry and Edward Hahnenberg, Theology for Ministry in SSSF Pastoral Ministry Network Newsletter 36:2 (Jan., 2016), 8-10.
- Review of Diarmuid O’Murchu’s God in the Midst of Change. http://catholicbooksreview.org/2014/omurchu.html. Reprinted in SSSF Pastoral Ministry Network Newsletter 35:2 (May, 2014), 5-6.
- “Profile Update: Sister Mary Dingman, `Aging and Saging.’” SSSF PMN Newsletter 34:2 (March, 2013), 5-7.
- “Comments on the USCCB’s Global Climate Change.” In Confronting the Climate Crisis: Catholic Theological Perspectives. Jame Schaefer, ed. Milwaukee, WI: Marquette University Press, 2011. 439-45.
- “Sister Leanne’s Holistic Ministry. U.S. (Online newsletter of SSSF, U.S. Province, May, 2010), http://www.sssf.org/english/us-ministrySisters.shtml. Reprinted in Women of Hope (SSSF Vocation newsletter) April, 2015, p. 2.
- Report on the Women’s Consultation in Constructive Theology, for Proceedings of the Sixty-Second Annual Convention, Catholic Theological Society of America, 64 (2009), 150f.
- “Sister Mary Carroll’s Ministry of Acompañamiento. U.S (Tabloid of SSSF, U.S. Province), Jan. 2009.
- “Sister Anna Wolfe: Chaplain Emerita Extraordinaire” U.S. Jan., 2008, 12.
- Review of Thomas P. Rausch, Towards a Truly Catholic Church: An Ecclesiology for the Third Millennium. SSSF Pastoral Ministry Network Newsletter 29.2 (Jan. 2008), 6-7.
- Review of Joel Primack & Nancy Abram, The View from the Center of the Universe. PMN Newsletter 28:3 (Jan. 2007), 4-6.
- “Sister Mary Hettich `Reveals the Healing Presence.’” U.S. Jan., 2006.
- “Church Teaching on Peace and Justice—Resources.” PMN Newsletter 27:3 (Jan. ‘06), 4-5.
- Review of Elizabeth Johnson’s Truly Our Sister: A Theology of Mary in the Communion of Saints & Dangerous Memories: A Mosaic of Mary in Scripture. PMN Newsletter 26:2 (Dec. ’04), 10-11.
- “Sister Maureen Makes a Path toward the Peaceable Kingdom.” U.S. Dec-Jan, 2003-2004.
- “The DRE Who Ran the Parish.” SSSF PMN Newsletter 25:1 (May ’03), 1-2.
- “S. Catherine Kever: Prison Chaplain.” U.S. Feb-Mar, 2003, 5.
- Review of Elizabeth Johnson’s Friends of God & Prophets. SSSF PMN Newsletter 23:1 (May ’01), 4-5.
- “Love Your Enemies: Church as Community of Non-Violence.” In The Wisdom of the Cross: Essays in Honor of John Howard Yoder. Eds. Stanley Hauerwas, et al. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1999. 373-88.
- “SSSF in the U.S.: E Pluribus Unum.” Leadership Conference of Women Religious, The Occasional Papers 26:2 (Fall 1997) 3-12.
- “`A Holy Newness’: The Franciscan Movement as Leaven for Renewal of the Church.” The Cord 46:6 (Nov-Dec ’96) 287-299.
- “Walking in Darkness.” Sisters Today 67 (Nov. 1995) 412-13.