Dr. Mike McLeod
Biology Department Coordinator of Environmental Studies Professor of Biology
M.S., Biology, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, June, 1973
B.S., Biology, Lincoln Memorial University, Harrogate, TN, December, 1969
Registry in Cytotechnology (ASCP), Brooke General Hospital, Fort Sam Houston, TX, February, 1973
• 1976 A preliminary biochemical systematic study of Capsicum (Solanaceae); with W. H. Eshbaugh and S. I. Guttman. International symposium on biology and taxonomy of The Solanaceae. Birmingham, England.
• 1977 Evolutionary investigations in the chili peppers Capsicum (Solanaceae). Annual meeting of the Society for the Study of Evolution. Ithaca, New York.
• 1978 Numerical taxonomic analyses of allozyme variation in Capsicum (Solanaceae); with R. J. Jensen, W. H. Eshbaugh, and S. I. Guttman. Society of Economic Botany meeting, St. Louis, MO.
• Systematic Studies of the Capsicum baccatum complex; with S. I. Guttman and W. H. Eshbaugh. Society of Economic Botany meeting. St. Louis, MO.
• Genetic and Morphological variation in the fingernail clam, Sphaerium striatinum Lamarck; with D. J. Hornbach, S. I. Guttman, and S. K. Seilkop. American Malacological Union Meeting, Wilmington, NC.
• 1980 An electrophoretic study of Corbicula fluminea in the Catawba River, N. C., with D. S. Sailstad. American Malacological Union Meeting, Louisville, KY.
• 1981 Patterns of speciation in Capsicum (Solanaceae); with W. H. Eshbaugh and S. I. Guttman. International Botanical Congress, Australia.
• 1982 Electrophoretic variation in Corbicula. Joint meeting: American Malacological Union, Second International Symposium on Molluscan Genetics, New Orleans, LA.
• 1983 Electrophoretic variation in U. S. Corbicula. Second International Corbicula Symposium, Little Rock, AR.
• 1984 Possible rapid accumulation of genetic variation in populations of Corbicula. North Carolina Academy of Sciences Meeting, Wake Forest, NC.
• 1986 Population genetics of a very successful colonizer: the introduced Asiatic clam Corbicula in North America. Ninth International Malacological Congress, symposium on the Biology of Introduced Species. Edinburgh, Scotland.
• 1987 Preliminary report on an institute for Junior High School science teachers with E. M. Baker. North Carolina Academy of Sciences, Raleigh, NC.
• 1989 Successful Science Teaching and Demonstrations, with E. M. Baker, North Carolina Academy of Sciences Meeting, Raleigh, NC.
• 1990 RFLP analysis of mtDNA from a single population of Corbicula, with S. Reilly and H. Rhyne, North Carolina Academy of Sciences Meeting, High Point, NC.
• 2002 Preliminary allozyme analysis of Magnolia macrophylla Michaux in Gaston County, NC., with W. Stigerwald and S. Reilly, Association of Southeastern Biologists annual meeting.
• 2002 Electrophoretic analysis of Magnolia macrophylla Michaux in Gaston County, North Carolina., with S. Reilly, The Andre Michaux International Symposium
- Biochemical Genetics
- Evolutionary Genetics and Ecology
- Physiological Ecology
- Fellow of the American Council on Education
- Lincoln Memorial University Educator’s Hall of Fame
- Adrian Faculty Excellence Award recipient, Belmont Abbey College
- Spirit of St. Benedict Award, Belmont Abbey College
- Past President, North Carolina Academy of Sciences