If you can DRIVE HERE you can THRIVE HERE.
You live within driving distance of one of the most respected and beautiful colleges in the Southeast. Founded in 1876, Belmont Abbey College combines its rich history and tradition with a modern, dynamic educational experience. And now it’s easier than ever to be part of it.
Introducing the Trustee Merit Scholarship
Commuter students at many colleges find it difficult to become fully immersed into campus life. They drive to school, go to class, and then go home, never enjoying the many extracurricular activities. But at Belmont Abbey, we’re taking steps to change that. Not only will each Trustee Merit Scholarship student receive a $7,000 tuition discount, they’ll also get free lunch every weekday (an additional $1,200 value). By providing lunch, we’re encouraging commuter students to spend more of their day on campus, interacting with residential students in the dining hall and at social events throughout the year. The scholarship is an expression of the Benedictine core value of hospitality. For nearly 1,500 years, the Benedictine Order has emphasized the welcoming of strangers, believing that the interaction of diverse peoples can enrich and inform the lives of all. Belmont Abbey College embraces this philosophy and hopes you will consider becoming a part of our college community. Student athletes and premier scholarship recipients are not eligible for the Trustee Merit Scholarship.
- We were named a Top 10 Best Regional College of the South by S. News & World Report.
- You don’t have to be Catholic. As a Benedictine institution, we welcome students of all faiths. In fact, only half of our students are Catholic.
- Our 12:1 Student/Teacher ratio allows all students to get personal attention.
- 71% of full-time faculty hold doctorates and/or terminal degrees.
- We were named a Best Southeastern College by The Princeton Review.
- We offer a true collegiate experience with NCAA Division II athletics, over 40 student organizations, a wide range of campus events throughout the year and a true spirit of community.
- Full-time degree seeking, traditional age student (17-22 years of age)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Commuter Status
- Admitted to the College per the application process (you can apply by clicking below)
- Non Student-Athlete
- Non- recipient of an Honors, St. Thomas More, Hintemeyer, or Oetgen Scholarship Award
- Committed to contributing to the College Community and being actively involved
The Trustee Merit Scholarship may NOT provide dollars beyond the cost of attendance and/or need met for the student. For more information about the Trustee Merit Scholarship, please contact Admissions.
Strolling Abbey Lane: A look at life on campus
All Belmont Abbey College scholarships represent only part of the financial support available to each student. To completely understand your estimated financial support visit our Net Price Calculator.