Certificate in Leadership
100% Online - Study Anywhere, Anytime
The Certificate in Leadership allows students to obtain training in the field of leadership from experienced and exceptional faculty at Belmont Abbey College. The ageless debate, “Are leaders born or made” is common in the business world. However, research indicates that leadership is a trainable skill. The curriculum allows for a one-semester experience for students to gain insight, knowledge, and experiences that are applicable in the workplace from day one. Students will study leadership theory, organizational change, business communication, and other pertinent topics in a five-module sequence.
Employees with certifications make a salary premium of up to
- Organizational Behavior
- Leaders and Leadership in the Modern World
- Negotiations and Conflict Negotiations
- Business Communication
- Organizational Change Management
The five-module sequence takes place over 15 weeks.
It is offered twice per year, beginning in August and January.
Tuition & Fees: $995.00
Monthly Payment Plans available.
- Highly experienced, published, exceptional faculty from the Belmont Abbey College School of Business.
- Certifications are most likely to gain market acceptance when they validate hard-to-fill skills or readiness for hard-to-fill jobs, thereby providing a signaling mechanism in markets where employers have struggled to find qualified talent.
With Abbey Online, you get a quality education without ever having to step foot on campus. We tailor digital learning to fit your needs, from flexible programs to affordable materials to support from your advisor every step of the way.
More about the experience
VICTORIA BEAM ’20
“Naturally, after graduation, I felt intimidated and uncertain of the future. However, the Abbey’s Accounting program gave me the basic tools needed to get started in a career, and I was able to get my first job immediately after graduation.”
JESSICA JASSO ‘14
“My four years at Belmont Abbey were years that helped me grow and learn, as an Accounting major and as a Christian… I was also able to find a career that I absolutely love and I am excited to continue developing skills and talents to help me succeed.”