Dr. Nathalie Coté
Professor of Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Statistics for Psychology
- Research Methods
- Testing and Assessment, Cognitive Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Person and Society (interdisciplinary)
- Biological Psychology
- Stoloff, M., Coté, N., & Heesacker, M. (2014). Chairing the psychology department. In Oxford Handbooks Online: Handbook of Undergraduate Psychology Education (Dana S. Dunn, ed.). DOI: 10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199933815.013.064.
- Goldman, S. R., Meyerson, P. M., & Coté, N. (2006). Poetry as a mnemonic prompt in children’s stories. Reading Psychology, 27, 345-376.
- Coté, N., & Goldman, S. R. (2004). Building representations of informational text: Evidence from children’s think-aloud protocols. In R. B. Ruddell & N. J. Unrau (Eds.), Theoretical models and processes of reading (5th ed., pp. 660-683).
- Newark, DE: International Reading Association. (Reprinted from The construction of mental representations during reading, pp. 169-193, by H. van Oostendorp & S. R. Goldman (Eds.), 1999, Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.)Nathalie Coté updated August 2015 CV page 3
- Coté, N., Goldman, S. R., & Saul, E.U. (1998). Students making sense of informational text: Relations between processing and representation. Discourse Processes, 25, 1-53. DOI 10.1080/01638539809545019.
- Coté, N., with the Cognition and Technology Group at Vanderbilt. (1997). The Jasper project: Lessons in curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development. Mahwah, NJ: LEA.
- Coté, N., with the Cognition and Technology Group at Vanderbilt. (1996). Looking at technology in context: A framework for understanding technology and education research. In D.C. Berliner & R.C. Calfee (Eds.), Handbook of Educational Psychology. NY: MacMillan Publishing.
- Hmelo, C.E., & Coté, N. (1996, July). The development of self-directed learning strategies in problem-based learning. In D. C. Edelson & E. A. Domeshek (Eds.), Proceedings of the Second International Conference for the Learning Sciences, Evanston, IL.
- Goldman, S. R., Varma, S., & Coté, N. (1996). Extending capacity-constrained construction integration: Toward “smarter” and flexible models of text comprehension. In B. K. Britton & A. C. Graesser (Eds.), Models of text comprehension. Hillsdale, NJ: LEA.
Goldman, S.R., Saul, E.U., & Coté, N. (1995). Paragraphing, reader, and task effects on discourse comprehension. Discourse Processes, 20, 273-305.
- Novick, L.R., & Coté, N. (1992). The nature of expertise in anagram solution. Proceedings of the Fourteenth Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (pp. 450-455). Hillsdale, NJ: LEA.
- Einstein, G.O., McDaniel, M.A., Owen, P.D., & Coté, N.C. (1990). Encoding and recall of texts: The importance of material appropriate processing. Journal of Memory and Language, 29, 566-581.