Serving You 24/7/365 days a year.
Emergency Patrol Number: 704-400-6200
Who We Are
The mission of the Belmont Abbey Campus Police Department is to ensure that all persons may participate in the life and property of Belmont Abbey College, to assure safe and orderly movement about the campus, to deter criminal activity and to service the continually changing needs of the community to the best of our abilities. The Department’s public safety role ensures that members of the community enjoy a high degree of protection from personal harm and a high degree of security for their property. This protection is manifested in round-the-clock patrol of the College campus, crime prevention, personal safety awareness programs and constant attention to the correction of potentially hazardous conditions. The Campus Police Department is a service-oriented law enforcement agency responsible for providing a full range of law enforcement and security services to the campus of Belmont Abbey College. We are also responsible for administering the campus parking and traffic programs. Our goals are:
- to provide an environment where the effects of crime, disruption, and disorder are minimized allowing the academic climate of the College to flourish…an environment where members of our community and visitors feel safe;
- to protect and promote respect for the Constitutional and Statutory rights of all individuals;
- to provide assistance and support to those who are victimized by criminal activity;
- to teach members of our community to protect themselves from crime and criminal activity;
- to teach members of our community about their responsibility for living within societal standards for behavior related to their Constitutional freedoms;
- to promote civility in personal interactions in our community; and
- to ensure the maximum protection for all facilities and property belonging to the College.
A Letter From Our Chief
All members of the Campus Police and Safety Department are professionals dedicated to serving the college community. The Campus Police Officers are certified law enforcement officers, having completed the State of North Carolina commissioning program at an approved police academy. Our Campus Security Officers are also certified as required by the State of North Carolina Private Protective Services statute. The well-being of our students is of paramount concern to us and we strive to create a safe and educational atmosphere. Our Officers are available to the campus and our students 24/7, 365 days a year. In addition we have implemented a new emergency mass notification system that will help to ensure the safety of our community in case of an on-campus emergency. The service includes a smart phone application that enables the community to make Campus Safety & Security anonymously aware of suspicious activities on our campus and receive weather and emergency notifications. We are excited to provide this state of the art service to our community. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Mike Williams Interim Director of Campus Safety and Chief of Police 704.461.6200