Plant Ecology Course!

Plant Ecology Course!
April 19, 2023

Author: The Crusader Staff Writer, Tamiya Ellis

The Abbey is known for our amazing biology program. But one thing many people don’t know about is our plant ecology course that is offered by Dr. Robert Tompkins. This is a course that is both fun, interesting, and beneficial. This class allows us to learn about the environment around us, and potentially grow, and be more conscious of our ecological contributions. After taking this course, I noticed being able to name many different trees on campus and at home. I was also able to explain to my parents the difference between salt, tolerant, and intolerant plants. 

This was a course that I took only as a biology requirement that actually ended up being one of my more enjoyable classes. This course is offered during the Fall, and this previous call offered a beach trip to its students. Many people gave positive feedback about their time on the trip, stating that it was an awesome opportunity to both decompress from the stress of college life, learn about new and interesting planting, lifeforms, and get to know both the professor and fellow students. Plant Ecology is great course, and I encourage you to take it.

This article was originally posted in the Spring of 2023, Issue 1 of The Crusader Newspaper. Download the full issue here.