USAT Collegiate Club Nationals

USAT Collegiate Club Nationals
May 16, 2023

Author: The Crusader Staff Writer

The men’s college club triathlon competed at the USAT Collegiate Club Nationals in Georgia this month. For three of the participants, this was their first triathlon experience. The team members were Nathan Gallman, David Wilson, Tommy Baird, and Nik von Spakovsky. 

Coach Alyssa Clay had this to say about the experience:

“I am extremely proud of how well my student-athletes performed. They each exceeded my expectations. We started the season not knowing if we would even get to race, but that did not stop them from diligently showing up to all those early morning practices and putting in the hard work. It all paid off, and for those who will be around next year, I look forward to watching them continue to grow as athletes, as students, as individuals, and as a team.” 

Coach Clay is currently recruiting for both the men’s and women’s teams. If you have some experience in swimming, cycling, or running and have a desire to be on the triathlon team, she is interested in meeting you. Please email her at alyssaclay@bac.edu for more information. 

This article was originally posted in the Spring 2023, Issue 3 of The Crusader NewspaperDownload the full issue here.