(This option is available for traditional students only.)
In addition to the other Core Curriculum requirements, the following are specific core requirements:
- BI 101 General Biology
- MA 151 College Algebra
- PY 201 Physics I
- BI 201 Cell Biology
- BI 215 Research Methods in Biology
- BI 231 Organismal Diversity
- BI 300 Genetics
- BI 310 Animal Physiology or BI 361 Human Physiology
- BI 326 Plant Ecology or BI 403 Ecology
- BI 407 and 408 Coordinating Seminars I, II
- CH 105 and 106 General Chemistry I, II
- 300-400 level Biology electives (excluding internships, if taken) – 12 hours
- General elective hours – 20-23 hours
To be eligible for acceptance into the B.A. or B.S. degree program, the student must have completed BI 101, BI 201, and BI 231, and must have earned a numerical average of at least a “70” or better in all three (3) courses.
Students must have at least a “C” average in all of their biology courses to graduate with a degree in Biology.
Students transferring more than 13 credit hours to Belmont Abbey College are not required to take the First-Year Symposium.
Credits earned through internships are not counted toward the major. They are counted as elective hours toward graduation and are graded on a pass/fail basis.
It is the student’s responsibility to see that all degree requirements for graduation are fulfilled.