Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Leadership
Advance Your Healthcare Career
Your talent and experience as a healthcare professional has never been more in demand. So, you want to position yourself with added knowledge to expand your career as you continue to make a difference in the world. Our online Master of Science in Nursing degree program in Charlotte, North Carolina prepares professional nurses for advanced nursing roles via the synthesis of specialty concepts, nursing science, and translational science, and it provides a foundation for doctoral study. Discover flexibility and value in a program firmly rooted in Catholic and Benedictine tradition.
The pre-license Baccalaureate Degree program in Nursing (BSN), the post-license Baccalaureate Degree program in Nursing (RN-BSN), and the Master’s Degree program in Nursing (MSN) at Belmont Abbey College are pursuing initial accredita
Executive Leadership, Clinical Leadership, Academic Leadership, Clinical Educator Leadership, Informatics Leadership
Growth projected in Healthcare Services Management from 2020 to 2030
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Baccalaureate degree or higher from another field may be accepted
- Unencumbered registered nurse license
- Must meet one of the following:
- GPA of 2.5 or above in the last 60 credits for the baccalaureate program
- GPA of 2.5 or above in last 60 hours of undergraduate and graduate coursework
- GPA of 2.5 or above in all undergraduate coursework
- No GRE or pre-requisites required
- After admission, completion of criminal background check, current immunizations, malpractice insurance, and drug screen
Steps to Apply:
- Apply Online: NursingCas
- Search for Belmont Abbey College
- Submit Official Transcripts DIRECTLY TO NURSINGCAS
- Transcripts submitted to Belmont Abbey College will not be accepted
- Transcripts can be sent electronically (preferred) or mailed
- Pay Application Fee
- Application Deadlines:
- Fall: July 15
- Spring December 1
- NU 660: Nursing Practice Theory (3)
- NU 662: Ethical Leadership & Systems Organization (3)
- NU 670: Scholarly Nursing Practice (3)
- NU 663: Healthcare Informatics (3)
- NU 664: Safety Science (3)
- NU 665: Person & Population Health (3)
- NU 668: Clinical Dimensions of Advanced Practice (3)
- NU 661: Advanced Practice Data Analysis (4)
- NU 677: Advanced Practice Leadership Concepts (6)
- NU 678: Advanced Practice Leadership Residency (6)
The graduation requirements for the MSN Leadership:
- Completion of the MSN Leadership degree course requirements
- Program GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Completion of all residency experience hours
It is the student’s responsibility to fulfill all degree requirements for graduation.
- $600 per credit hour (37 total credit hours)
- $200 program fee per 8-week semester (for a total of $1000)
Total Program Cost: $23,000 (includes tuition and fees)
Program cost includes an iPad Air* that becomes yours upon graduation.
*iPads are distributed during the first session of the program.
- Advance your nursing career with Leadership Distinction
- Opportunity to become a Nurse Leader with a focused career path of your choice
- Individualized Residency
- Residency immersion in student’s focused career path with mentorship and guidance from specialized nurses in the field and expert faculty
- iPads provided after enrollment in the first semester
- No GRE required
- Low tuition costs
- No out-of-state fees
2023-2024 Cost of Attendance for Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The following chart reflects estimated costs for students in the Master of Science in Nursing:
Tuition costs below are computed at 25 credit hours per school year.
Direct Costs:(Paid to Belmont Abbey)
|Tuition ($600 X 25 Credit Hours)||$15,000|
Indirect Costs:(Estimated expenses not paid to Belmont Abbey)
Total Estimated Cost of Attendance
With Abbey Online, you get a quality education without ever having to set foot on campus. We tailor digital learning to fit your needs, from flexible programs to affordable course materials to support from your advisor every step of the way.
Cherish the Whole Person
Our new degree programs in healthcare, such as our nursing master’s degree in southern North Carolina, prepare our graduates for service and ethical leadership in the healthcare community. Informed by the Benedictine Hallmarks, Saint John Paul II’s Ex Corde Ecclesiae and the USCCB’s Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, our students will also benefit from the CaroMount Health Hospital adjoining our main campus.
Benefits of Choosing Belmont Abbey for Your Southern North Carolina Graduate Nursing Program
At Belmont Abbey College, we’re one of the country’s most highly respected Catholic colleges, and we guide our students toward a life filled with purpose, drive, and value, supporting those of diverse backgrounds, talents, and traditions. With a degree from Belmont Abbey, you will transform the organizations you are a part of for the better.
Benefits you will receive from attaining your Charlotte, North Carolina Master of Science in nursing degree from us include the following:
- Our college is recognized as being among the 20 best colleges in the South
- Our undergraduate teaching has been ranked #1 in the region by U.S. News & World Report
- Our programs are conducted completely online, and courses can be added to your schedule instantly via the web portal
- You can complete your graduate degree with us in as quickly as 12-18 months, unlike other schools where completion can take up to 2+ years
- We offer a quality education that fits your budget, as we believe a private education should be accessible to everyone
Attain Your Charlotte Nursing Master’s at Belmont Abbey
Please request more information from us today if you have any questions regarding our graduate nursing program.
If you are ready to take the next steps toward starting your North Carolina Master of Science in nursing at Belmont Abbey College, please apply to our program today.
FACULTY AND LEADERSHIP
Dr. Alaina Duncan
Dr. Margaret Hunter, PhD, RN
Coordinator for Clinical Learning, Assistant Professor
Assistant Dean, Assistant Professor