New Faculty: Dr. Clark Summers

New Faculty: Dr. Clark Summers
November 30, 2022

Author: The Crusader Staff Writers

[From the Desk of Dr. Clark Summers]

“I joined Belmont Abbey College in the Fall of 2019 in the History Department as an adjunct lecturer in Western Civilization. I came to the Abbey with degrees in International Relations (MA, Salve Regina, ’04) and Strategic Studies (MSS, US Army War College, ’08) and Doctorate in Humanities, Philosophy of Technology (PHD, Salve Regina, ’19). Also, I am a retired US Army officer, having spent 30 years in the Army Reserve and Army National Guard, retiring as a Colonel in 2013. Starting in the Spring of 2020, I began offering course work in International Relations, Foreign Policy, and International Law. These courses have led to the establishment of an International Relations minor, support for a growing Politics Department, and creation of graduate school opportunities through Belmont Abbey’s new partnership with the Institute of World Politics in Washington, D.C.”

“I’m thrilled and delighted to be joining the faculty as a full-time Assistant Professor, and welcome any questions students might have on how courses in International Relations can enhance the Abbey experience.”

This article was originally posted in the Fall 2022, Issue 2 of The Crusader Newspaper. Download the full issue.