A Message from the Provost
As we approach the beginning of our next academic year, we are excited to be together again in our Belmont Abbey College community! Even now, we are preparing for the arrival of students in just a few weeks and anticipate the largest incoming class in the history of the college.
As you might expect, our preparations for the coming school year have included deep conversations around COVID management and protocols for the year, even as local, state, and federal regulations shift with some regularity. To that end, we have established the protocols and procedures below with an attempt to balance our desire for community and the safety of our community citizens with the requirements of external agencies.
I would ask you to read the protocols below and would additionally highlight a few of these items including:
- We will be conducting classes and a full slate of student programming in person and without masks and social distancing. In this, we are very much anticipating a return to activities as they were prior to COVID.
- We will NOT require vaccinations of students and employees.
- We will NOT require masking or social distancing in our campus functions including classrooms and dining services but do encourage those who are unvaccinated to appropriately mask.
- We are requesting the vaccination status of students and employees to comply with external requirements regarding isolation and quarantine for positive and presumptive cases. This request will come from email@example.com (Wellness Center) in the coming days and we ask that you return this information no later than August 10th.
- Depending on the availability of on-campus resources including housing and dining service, isolation and quarantine may be off-campus for positive or exposed students AND may be at the expense of the student.
These procedures are, of course, subject to change as local, state, and federal authorities continue to provide updates. As before, we will communicate with the community as these occur.
We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Travis Feezell