Student Voices: Compliments About Faculty!

April 4, 2023

Author: The Crusader Staff Writers

We asked students for compliments about professors and here are some of the responses:

• Digital Humanities with Dr. Hutchinson and the social media class with Erin Jensen. Their teaching style is super futuristic and hands on learning with activities and interactive assignments.
  • Dr Beeman: She helped me through a difficult class and also helped me with personal issues, encouraging and giving options for me. 
  • Father Chris: I struggled with his classes but he taught me so much and was entertaining while doing it, challenging me and my classmates every time.
  • Dr Jonathan Hayes is super fun and cares a lot about his students.
  • Mr. Beekwilder always makes sure to engage the classroom and ask us questions to keep us paying attention. 
  • Mrs. Richards is one of my favorite professors because even though our class was at 8am she always came in energized and ready to teach. 
  • Dr. Michael Watson, because he teaches the class in a very fun way (relate principles to real life) and he congratulated me on my midterm.
  • Professor Ward, he’s really funny and he speaks from experience.
  • Professor Buddy Motz enjoys what he teaches and it makes the class a lot more enjoyable. 
  • Dr. Elizabeth Bookwalter seems to really enjoy what she talks about.
  • Dr. Patrick Wadden and Dr. Ian Crowe. These are my favorite professors this semester; they are very professional but still a lot of fun in class.
  • Ann Gleason explains the information well and makes the classes interesting.
  • Dr. Berbrick is an incredible professor who really engages her students with the content she is teaching, and she really cares about her students. She also responds quickly and is eager to help any student.
  • Dr. Troy Feay was passionate and engaging.
  • Dr. Ayala is one of my favorite teachers because she is very willing to help in anything you need even outside the classroom. 
  • Dr. Dell’Isola is one of my favorite teachers because he is very supportive of the students learning and presents the information through a Catholic lens.
  • Dr. Tiwari and Dr. Menno because they know how to make the class fun and constantly keep students engaged in class.
  • Brad Frazer because he makes his class fun and enjoyable.
  • Jill Bloede they always bring so much energy to class ever time and they want you to succeed
  • Dr Zdansky: Challenges you in a good way

This article was originally posted in the Spring of 2023, Issue 1 of The Crusader Newspaper. Download the full issue here.