Minor in International Relations
EXPAND YOUR WORLD
The Abbey’s International Relations Minor is designed to prepare students for entry-level careers or graduate-level studies in the fields of Strategy and Policy, Diplomacy, Security Studies, or International Law. Get equipped with the theories of Realism, Rationalism, and Revolutionism and gain practical skills in data and information collection, analysis and interpretation, and presentation of topically-formatted products.
- PO 299. Introduction to International Relations (3)
Any four of the following:
- PO 338: Case Studies in International Relations (3)
- PO 341: American Foreign Policy (3)
- PO 375: History of Western Diplomacy I (3)
- PO 3xx: International Law (3)
- HO 205: Honors: Greek Histories
- IB/EC 355: Political Economy I (3)
- EC 440: International Economics and Finance (3)
*It is the student’s responsibility to verify that all degree requirements for graduation are fulfilled.
- The International Relations minor provides opportunities for student participation in: Model United Nations; John Quincy Adams Society conferences, fellowships and internships; Sigma Iota Rho Honor Society for International Studies.
- International Relations graduates qualify for graduate degree programs at the Institute of World Politics in Washington D.C.