Belmont Abbey College, a Catholic and Benedictine institution located in Belmont, North Carolina, invites applications for the position of Vice Provost of Enrollment. The college is at a unique and strategic moment and has experienced unprecedented growth over the last five years. The college is currently in the midst of a $150 million capital campaign – “Made True” – which is supporting a number of capital projects and curricular program additions including significant graduate and certificate programs. The Vice Provost will be arriving at an exciting time and will have substantial opportunity to contribute to the strategic future of a thriving institution.
Reporting to the Provost of the College, the Vice Provost for Enrollment is responsible for all student recruitment and admission to Belmont Abbey College. This includes responsibility for planning, execution, and participation in recruitment programs to achieve institutional enrollment plans and objectives. While management of the traditional undergraduate enrollment process and outcomes are expected, substantial emphasis on enrollment growth will be placed on the graduate and non-traditional learning programs.
The successful individual will lead the design of an enrollment strategy overseeing multiple tasks carried out by a seasoned team of enrollment professionals. Excellent interpersonal and communicator skills are a must as is motivation for others in the admissions office and in the many college constituents the candidate will encounter on a daily basis. Courtesy, congeniality, and professionalism are expected as is strong oral and written communication skills.
In addition to the personal characteristics already described, the candidate must at once be a valiant spokesperson for the rich student experience and comprehensive community grounded in our Catholic and Benedictine character. The candidate will have an understanding of and enthusiasm for bringing about the principles of Ex Corde Ecclesiae to support the richness of this Catholic and Benedictine identity while fostering the development of mind, body, and spirit in our students, our staff, and the greater community.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree – masters preferred – with a significant background or analogous experience in admissions and enrollment. Candidates must demonstrate expertise with contemporary admission processes, marketing, and targeted recruitment of students and familiarity with CRM platforms (Salesforce preferred) and PowerCampus.
The successful candidate will represent Belmont Abbey College on national enrollment management and related college policies as well as directing the daily operations for all college admissions including application review, campus events and individual visits, data integration projects, and overall management of workflow. The successful candidate also will work closely with the Director of Financial Aid and the Chief Financial Officer to maximize use of all fiscal aid.
In addition, the Vice Provost for Enrollment is responsible for the following:
- Assists the Provost with supervision and provides direct leadership for the Admissions Office.
- Provides leadership for the vision and outreach strategies of the office.
- Communicates accurately about academic programs available at Belmont Abbey College to prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and other external constituents.
- Maintains open communication with high schools, colleges, and internal departments, and offices.
- Assists in the hiring, training and supervision of the Admissions Staff.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of admissions policies and procedures.
- Evaluates application files to evaluate a student’s academic and personal attributes to assess their ability to succeed at the college.
- Conducts seasonal travel for purposes of recruitment and professional conferences (6-8 weeks).
- Assists Provost with marketing communications and all media related materials.
- Plays a role in special Scholarship programs.
- Participates in and takes a lead role in the development and implementation of special student recruitment and yield programs.
- Manages all training and assignments of student ambassadors and tour guides.
- Serves as financial aid advisor to students and parents by understanding those policies.
- Acts as liaison to the Student Life/Residence Life Division.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Provost.
Fill out the following form to apply for one of Belmont Abbey College’s available administrative positions.
This position begins as soon as possible and the review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, all application materials must be received. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and names and phone numbers for three (3) professional references.
Located ten minutes west of Charlotte, North Carolina, Belmont Abbey College is a Catholic, Benedictine school that educates a diverse student body in the liberal arts and sciences. The College, which is more than 130 years old, is known for its dedicated faculty, their excellent teaching, the personal attention that students receive, and a friendly atmosphere both inside and outside of the classroom. There is a Benedictine monastery on campus, as well as a minor basilica. In keeping with the monks’ age-old tradition of hospitality, the College community welcomes newcomers and works together for the benefit of our students–aiming to exemplify the aspiration that our College motto encapsulates: That in all things God may be glorified.