Healthcare & the Four Benedictine Hallmarks
Benedictine roots reach back 1500 years. With intense focus on four hallmarks of virtue, and with faithfulness to the Ethical and Religious Directive for Catholic Health Care Services, Belmont Abbey College is uniquely qualified to bring healthcare to a needy culture.
Love — of Christ & Neighbor
Love is an expression of sacrifice which is integral to those who make service to others a life’s vocation. Our teaching is rooted in:
- Developing respect for all in need at any phase of life
- Community that welcomes all and relies on each other
- Collaboration on a rigorous search for Truth and love of Christ.
Humility — A Knowledge of Self in Relation to God, Others, and Creation
Humility is an accurate understanding of our own strengths and weaknesses before God, before others, and before ourselves. Through our rigorous program students will:
- Discover and cultivate their gifts and strengths
- Discern their vocation and call to love as Christ loved
- Find the place where their passion and skill meet.
Hospitality — Welcoming Others as Christ Would
St. Benedict directs us to respond to the unexpected in Christlike fashion. In order to do this, students will:
- Learn to welcome those in need as we would Christ Himself
- Seek to recognize the needs of those in our community
- Call forth their talents to serve those of different races, cultures, and backgrounds as Christ would.
Community — A Call to Serve the Common Good
Our founding monks sought a college that demands mutual service without concern for individual reward. Our new healthcare programs spring from passion passed on from generations. We seek to ensure that students:
- Cultivate the disposition to serve others in consistently deeper and broader ways
- Develop the desire to give to the community in meaningful and life-changing ways.
New Hospital on Abbey Land
CaroMont Health has announced the construction of a second hospital in Belmont, which will be located on Belmont Abbey Monastery land, adjoining the main campus of Belmont Abbey College. The facility will offer an emergency department, inpatient units, a labor and delivery unit, and a full complement of diagnostic services including laboratory and imaging.
FACULTY AND LEADERSHIP